Monday, July 8, 2013

What the blink

Putting together a draft letter to automakers, based on my recent road trips. Shocking how many cars are on the road without turn signal capabilities! This must be amended.

Dear Automobile Manufacturers,

I write to you as a concerned citizen.

I have just returned from a 5-hour journey that took me through 3 states (NJ, PA and NY), from rural to urban, on highways to dirt roads - this is a trip that encompasses it all. Safety is always a concern, requiring the driver to be alert and focused with tractor trailers clogging lanes and car-wrecked road-kill littering the road.

So it's with concern for the wellbeing of all travelers that I ask you to make turn signals standard equipment on all makes and models of your vehicles. Perhaps I was just lucky - turn signals were included with my Ford purchase - but I see so many other drivers struggling as cars change lanes with no notice. A little warning would be much appreciated - and so much safer!

I can only speak for NJ drivers, but as driving requires testing to gain a valid license, drivers in NJ know that turn signals are required business. Obviously, if turn signals were present in vehicles, drivers in NJ would be using them since not only is it the law but it's courteous, too!

I'm not exactly sure when you decided to remove turn signals from the standard car package, but I implore you to reintroduce turn signals into your standard packages to ensure that motorists are given the proper tools necessary to adhere to all driving laws, as well as fostering a safe environment for all drivers.


No comments:

Post a Comment